Thursday, February 10, 2011

19 days and counting

      This is the carrier, minus the comfy stuff I plan on putting in there so that Toothless won't be uncomfortable for the hour and a half long drive back to my apartment. I'm so glad that this carrier comes with that little white food and water dish on the door. I'm a little worried about how deep the dish is though, I don't see water staying in there too long before sloshing onto the floor, and all the comfy blankets I plan on putting in there.
 
      I was showing my boyfriend all the stuff I have, and all the stuff I still need to get, brush, nail clippers, food, blankets etc. he's been laughing at how much thought I put into the stuff I buy (eg. I checked the holes on the door part of the carrier to make sure that they were big enough that if a paw accidentally went through, he wouldn't get stuck). He's also been having a giggle at all the "prep" I'm doing for getting the cat, like reading articles on how to put the cat in the carrier without scaring it, and what other people have fed their younger cats that have no teeth, not that he discourages it, but I'll read an article about a cat that ate only wet food, and that after a while it had digestive problems, my boyfriend had to reassure me that feeding Toothless wet food a few times during a week wouldn't kill him. Can you tell I'm going to be over-prepared when i get this cat?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, brushes! I recommend the Zoom Groom and the Furminator (or knock-off equivalent). They both do an incredible job getting loose hair out, and don't scratch the skin like wiry brushes, so cats enjoy it.

    He's going to love the carrier. And he's easy to get in, so don't worry. He's quite the trouper, your Toothless. :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete